Cruise & Travel Centre Springwood – Associate Member of Helloworld – American Express Group
Our Company Profile
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
We are forwarding our company profile to further establish our credibility as a successful, client oriented, Travel Agency established in August 1990. We completed 32 years this August.
Our aims and objectives are to provide the customers travelling to any destination, with a professional travel service that delivers: –
• A Commitment to Quality Customer Service.
• Attention to Detail.
• Professional & Pro-active Consulting.
• Cost Efficiencies.
• Value for Money Travel Options.
• Ease of Administration.
• Quality Account Management.
• A Total One-Stop Travel Service.
• Help the local community and recognised charities.
We trust you find the attached documents to be of importance, if you do require any further information or clarification of any area of this profile, please contact me on my direct number +61 7 3808 2299 or on my mobile number +94 412 43 82 83.
Marketing Manager / Director
We offer the following information in support of our credentials.
• Accredited Member of the International Air Transport Association (I.A.T.A.)
• Approved participant of AFTA Travel Accreditation Scheme (ATAS)
• Accredited Member of Australian Federation Travel Agents (A.F.T.A.)
• Our Travel Agents Licence Number is TAG 889.
• Our Australian Business Number (ABN) is 63 011 067 477
• Franchise Member of Traveland Pty Ltd since 1990 to 2001.
• Franchise Member of Travelscene – American Express Travel Group from 2002 to 2013.
• Associate Member of helloworld –American Express Group from 2014 to date.
Our office is also the proud recipient of the following awards: –
• Best Sales Achievement for Singapore Airlines in Queensland – 1993 from the Traveland Group.
• World Aviation Top Agent Award in Queensland – 1995 to 1999 for SriLankan Airlines.
• Finalist in the City of Logan Business Achiever Awards in Tourism & Recreation – 2001.
• Amongst the top 05 Travelscene Agencies in Queensland for Best Sales Achievement for Qantas Domestic Holidays – 2002/2003.
• Amongst the top 05 Travelscene Agencies in Queensland for Best Sales Achievement for Qantas International Holidays – 2002/2003.
• Sri Lankan Airlines Top Agent Award in Queensland – 2002 / 2003.
• Trafalgar Tours – Champion Agency in Australia – 2008, 2016 &2018.
• Selected for Quantum Awards as one of the best Five Offices in the Network of Travelscene American Express Group for 2012.
• Winner of the helloworld – Local Community Award: – This award recognises helloworld Members who have made an outstanding contribution to their community. Local Community Activity includes: Sporting Sponsorships & Fundraising events to support local and international Charity work within thencommunity – 2015 & 2017
• Best 10 Offices in Australia for Premium – Luxury Travel with Insight Tours -2016
• Helloworld Gold Sales Achivement Award in Qld -2018 &2019
• Traveland was the Official Travel Agent of the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.
• Traveland was1998 Winner- (AFTA-NTIA) Best Travel Agency Group of the year in Australia.
• Traveland was 2000 Winner- (AFTA-NTIA) Best Travel Agency Group of the year in Australia.
• Travelscene – American Express Group was the Winner- (AFTA-NTIA) Best Travel Agency Group of the year in Australia for 2006, 2008 and 2011.
• Helloworld Group was the Winner – (AFTA – NTIA) Best Travel Agency Group of the year in Australia for 2014 and 2016.
As a member of Australia’s largest travel organization, the helloworld Group has more than 1000 offices in Australia.
We at Cruise & Travel Centre Springwood provide carefully evaluated and updated professional travel services at all times, directed to the best interests, and needs of the client.
These services include:
• Air reservations within Australia and overseas.
• Specialist fares advice – which will be managed to take advantage of discounted fares wherever possible, subject to travel policies and specific individual needs.
• Car hire worldwide.
• Hotel accommodation reservations worldwide.
• Cruise reservations worldwide.
• Express coach and coach touring worldwide.
• Rail reservations within Australia and overseas.
• Comprehensive Business and individual travel insurance.
• Travellers Cheques and Foreign Currency.
• Visa and passport requirements.
• Itinerary planning and fare quotes.
• Personalised frequent traveller profiles.
• Fax reservation service.
• 24-hour emergency service.
• Total solution for the management and control of all travel, entertainment and business related expenses.
Travel Centre Manager Director
Telephone: 07-38082299 During office hours
0411 35 35 35 After hours
Cruise & Travel Centre Springwood
Unit 9 & 10 “Dennis Court” 8 Dennis Road
Director (P.O. Box 351)
Springwood. Qld 4127
Telephone: 07-38082299 During office hours
0412 43 82 83 After hours
Telephone: 07-38084791 During office hours
0412 25 00 68 After Hours
Office Fax No: 07-38084794
9.00 am – 5.30 pm Monday – Friday
24 hour emergency service 0411 35 35 35
The success of Cruise & Travel Centre Springwood rests in its people.
Travel is a service industry, possibly the most complex, sophisticated, and demanding. To be successful is no mean task. To stand out above the rest is a substantial achievement.
The success of Cruise & Travel Centre Springwood is entirely attributable to its people, a highly professional group of experienced specialists with a total commitment to excellence in everything they do.
Lalani Pathikirikorale – Travel Centre Manager / Director
Lalani has over 40 years’ experience in the travel industry. She is very widely travelled to Europe, America and Asia. She is an Associate Member of the Institute of Administrative Accounting (London). Lalani currently specialises in Business Travel Management, IT, and Group Travel. Prior to migrating to Australia, she was a ticketing executive for SriLankan Airlines. In 2002, she organised a group 59 to Russia from all parts of Australia. In 2006, she organised a group of 54 to Jerusalem in Israel. She had a confirmed group of 28 -32 to Bodhgaya in India in Feb 2010, 2012 and 2015. Also a group of 85 to the Holy Land in 2013 and 35 in 2016.
Jayantha Pathikirikorale – Marketing Manager / Director
Jayantha has been in the Sri Lanka Air Force for 15 years, and has travelled to Europe and America extensively, as well as Asia and the former USSR. He specialises in Group Tours to Sri Lanka, Maldives and India. In 2001/2002, he organised the largest Group of 86 pax to travel to Sri Lanka and India from Australia. In 2004, he organised a group of 26 from the Queensland Universities Cricket Team, including Mr Alan Border as Manager for a tour of Sri Lanka and India and in
July 2004, he organised a group of 40 from Perth and Sydney to tour Sri Lanka for 19 days and 07 days to North India. Jayantha was the Vice President of the Sri Lanka Disaster Relief Fund of Queensland, President of the Sri Lanka Sports Association of Qld supporting the development of junior cricket in Sri Lanka and President of the Sri Lanka Ex-Services & Police Association Queensland and also the past President of the Federation of Sri Lanka Organisations of Queensland (FSOQ).
Margaret Phillips – Senior Supervisor – International Consultant
Margaret has worked in the industry for more than 52 years. She was Traveland’s best consultant in Queensland in 2001. In 2003, 2004 and 2008, she received a Golden Global Achiever Award for been the top 10 highest revenue earners for Qantas International Holidays in Australia. She has widely travelled to U.K., Europe, America and the Asia/Pacific. In 2006 she organised the Annual Chiropractors Seminar in Melbourne for 823 members. In 2005, she organised and accompanied a group of 50 for an Alaskan Cruise, for 21 days and accompanied groups to China, Egypt and Europe in 2006, 2007 and 2008. She has worked here at Cruise and Travel Centre Springwood for over 22 years. She is the proud winner of the golden global achiever award for helloworld Associate Offices in 2015. She was amongst the 08 best consultants in Australia for Insight Vacations Premier Tours.
Auditors since 1990 – Mr. Keith Harvie
Ryan Harvie McEnery Charted Accountants
7/621 Coronation Drive
Toowong. Qld 4066
Tel: (07) 3870 2622 Fax: (07) 33719275
As an AFTA Travel Agent we are committed to Value, Integrity, and Protection through a Code of Ethics. The AFTA logo represents experience, service, professional conduct, and fully trained staff to provide you with expert advice.
- Why use an AFTA Travel Agent?
When you deal with an AFTA Travel Agent you know that you are dealing with somebody who is fully licensed, and bonded with the (ATAS) an approved participant of the Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA), travel accreditation scheme.
Code of Ethics
ACCURACY – AFTA members will be factual and accurate when providing information in any form about their services and the services of any firm they represent. They will not use deceptive practices.
ATAS PARTICIPANT – Participant No: A10638. The process of accreditation, which helps both the travel industry and consumers where we met a strict set of criteria and professional standards.
AFFILIATION – AFTA members will not falsely represent a person’s affiliation with their firm.
COMPLIANCE– AFTA members will abide by all Federal, State and local laws and regulations
CONFIDENTIALITY – AFTA members will treat every client transaction confidentially and not disclose any information
without permission of the client, unless required by law.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST – AFTA members will not allow any preferred relationship with a supplier to interfere with the
interests of their clients.
CONSUMER PROTECTION – AFTA members will use every effort to protect their clients against any fraud, misrepresentation or unethical practices which may arise in the travel industry.
COOPERATION – AFTA members will cooperate with any inquiry conducted by AFTA to resolve any dispute involving
consumers or another member.
DELIVERY – AFTA members operating tours will provide all components as stated in their brochure or written confirmation, or provide alternative services of equal or greater value or provide appropriate compensation.
DISCLOSURE – AFTA members will provide complete details about terms and conditions of any travel service, including
cancellation and service fee obligations, before accepting payment for the booking.
NOTICE – AFTA members operating tours will promptly advise the agent or client who reserved the space of any change in itinerary, services, features or price. If substantial changes are made that are written within the control of the operator, the client will be allowed to cancel without penalty
QUALIFICATIONS & PROFESSIONALISM – AFTA Members must employ staff who have appropriate qualifications and are committed to continuing professional development, such as (but not limited to) the Australian Travel Professionals Program (ATPP). AFTA members must ensure that all staff offer truly professional advice by being fully informed on the
various facets of Australian and International travel.
REFUNDS – AFTA members will remit any undisputed funds under their control within the specified time limit. Reasons for delay in providing funds will be given to the claimant promptly.
RESPONSIVENESS – AFTA members will promptly respond to their client’s complaints.
EXPLOITATION OF CHILDREN– AFTA members will not provide or assist in the provision of any travel service which, to their knowledge, is to be used for a purpose involving the sexual exploitation of children.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if any further information is required.
Cruise & Travel Centre Springwood
Unit 10 “Dennis Court”, 8 Dennis Road (P.O. Box 351), Springwood. Queensland 4127, Australia.
E-mail: email@example.com Web: www.ctcspringwood.com.au
Tel: (07) 3808 2299 Fax: (07) 3808 4794
Australian Business Number (ABN): 63 011 067 477
Member of helloworld – American Express Group. One of Australia’s largest Travel Agency Groups with more than 1000 Offices in Australia.
- Member of the International Air Transport Association – IATA.
- Member of AFTA Travel Accrediatin Scheme (ATAS), which replaced the Travel Compensation Fund – TCF.
- Member of the Australian Federation of Travel Agents – AFTA