Date(s) - 01/12/2019
10:30 am - 3:00 pm
FSOQ Food Fair – Food for Beds – Presented by The Federation of Sri Lankan Organisations of Queensland, Inc (Brisbane event)
1 Dec 2019
@ New Market Bowls Club
212, Ashgrove Avenue, Ashgrove, QLD 4060
10.30am – 3pm
FSOQ have now been in community service over six years. We are listing below the major projects and how we have assisted our community in Australia and Sri Lanka.
Our web site, which is been upgraded at present, provides many activities what has been done. Please visit www.fsoq.com.au for more details.
Significant Highlights conducted by our Association
- Sri Lankan community in Brisbane, contributed $20,000.00 (Twenty Thousand) to the Queensland Premier’s Disaster appeal for 2010/2011 major flood relief community call. The floods forced the evacuation of thousands of people from towns and cities. At least 90 towns and over 200,000 people were affected.
- Recently we handed over $3000.00 for Queensland Premiers drought appeal.
- We have shipped more than 2,100 used electrical hospital beds to rural government hospitals in Sri Lanka.
- Installed, water purification plants with assistance from Australian Philanthropist Scott Walker, over 100 units were installed in the North Central Province in Sri Lanka, which each costed over US$2500.00 per unit.
- We have sent Computers to rural schools through Foundation of Goodness (FOG). FOG website –( http://unconditionalcompassion.org/ )
- We worked with the Foundation of Goodness in assisting Sri Lankan Major Floods.
- FSOQ assisted in working with all associations in establishing in Qld a Sri Lankan friendly 5 Star aged care centre -ARCARE Springwood. ( https://arcare.com.au/qld-aged-care/springwood-aged-care/ )
- We recently donated AU$ 13,060.00 to the Foundation of Goodness (FOG) to help those affected at the Zion Church in Batticaloa after the Easter Bombing’s to complete the proposal forwarded by FOG.
Hospital beds project is the major FSOQ ongoing task and we propose to have a Sri Lankan food festival on the1st December 19, (flyer attached) to raise funds for collection and deliver the beds to the port in containers for shipment.
2100 Hospital Beds to the rural hospitals in Sri Lanka – ongoing
FSOQ has completed sending 2100 hospital beds along with other medical equipment to Sri Lankan Government Hospitals through the Ministry of Health in Sri Lanka. These beds were distributed to Govt. Hospitals through the Ministry of Health and these beds are currently being used in Emergency and ICU wards of the provisional government hospitals.
Please give your consideration in publishing the attached flyer and contact the undersigned if you require more information.
If you need further information, please do not hesitate to call me on 07- 3808 2299 (O) or (M) 0412438283.
I look forward to your favourable response.
Jayantha Pathikirikorale & Dr Jayasiri Weerawardena