Legal Practice Manager
Exclusive to eLanka Members!
Long established legal practice, offering a wide range of legal services to clients in the greater south western Sydney area for over 40 years.
Growth through diversification into new legal areas has created the need for a Legal Practice Manager to join their Padstow based team.
This pivotal role reports to the Managing Partner and has as its overall function, the provision of leadership and motivation to staff, while promoting the firms culture and growth through targeted training and performance management.
Within that broad brief, two key responsibilities emerge. One is to manage the efficient day-to-day running of the business. The second is to improve all facets of business performance as they impact on growth, through collaboration with the partners.
Specific tasks under the former responsibility include:
- Managing a team of thirteen people
- Legal & bookkeeping/accounting functions on MYOB & LEAP e.g. Trust account, AR, AP, Payroll, BAS, PAYG & IAS reporting
- Preparation of Budgets, forecasts, cash flow projections, P & L analyses
- Liaison with the firm’s external accountants
- Recruitment, training, induction, performance reviews
- Setting weekly practice meeting agenda
- Maintaining procedures manual and OH&S practice
Business performance, development and growth strategy involvement includes:
- Coordination of marketing activities and event organising
- Assisting generally with marketing the firm’s services
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience working in a Legal environment as an Office Manager, Finance Manager or similar, where you will have acquired sound knowledge of and capability in the effective running of a contemporary, fast paced Legal practice. Accordingly, it would be an advantage if you possess a relevant tertiary qualification in accounting, finance or administration, coupled with MYOB and LEAP experience.
Remuneration is negotiable and will be based on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Please include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria with your resume. All applicants will be contacted for further information as part of the assessment process prior to interview.
All applications to be submitted to email@example.com.