Spicy Potato Puri Delight: A Crispy Homemade Snack to Savor – By Malsha – eLanka
Ingredients (Makes 12):
- 2 well-boiled potatoes
- 1 cup atta flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon finely crushed uluhal
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed (approximately 1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Finely chopped coriander leaves (optional)
- Start by mashing the well-boiled potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin seeds, garam masala, salt, uluhal, and atta flour to the mashed potatoes. Also, incorporate a teaspoon of oil into the mixture.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients to ensure an even distribution of spices.
- Gradually add water, a little at a time, to form a non-sticky dough. Adjust the water quantity as needed; it’s typically around 1/3 cup.
- Shape the dough into small balls and flatten them to resemble papads.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or pan. Once the oil is hot, carefully deep fry the flattened potato puris until they turn golden brown.
- Remove the puris from the oil and place them on paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve the potato puris with a dip or alongside your favorite broth.
Optional: Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves for added freshness.
Enjoy your homemade potato puris as a delightful and flavorful snack!